Happy Sunday y’all!
So remember when I told you one of my New Year’s resolutions was to eat more breakfasts? Well I’m following through and these are a MUST try! These mini bacon and egg tarts satisfy that gotta-go-to-IHOP-and-get-the-biggest-breakfast-sampler craving without all the unwanted calories. Seriously. I got this recipe from my Cooking Light magazine and absolutely fell in love with them. They’re bite-sized, yummy and contain every ingredient you could evern want in a breakfast….just perfectly portioned of course. Here see for yourself!
Mini Bacon and Egg Tarts
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
Serves: 4 servings
- 8 (1 oz) slices whole-wheat bread, crusts removed
- ½ cup fat-free milk
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp green onions, chopped
- 2 slices smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup (2 oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lightly coat both sides of bread with cooking spray. Press each bread slice into the cup of a muffin tin. Bake at 425 for 10 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted. Cool slightly.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Combine milk and eggs, stirring well with a whisk. Divide the egg mixture evenly among bread cups. Sprinkle onions, if desired, and bacon evenly over tarts; top each with 1 tablespoon cheese
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until set. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 2 tarts • Calories: 316 • Fat: 8.8 g • Carbs: 31.2 g • Fiber: 3 g • Protein: 18.3 g • WW Points+: 8 pts
Well I’m guest posting over at Angie’s fabulous blog Big Bear’s Wife today so go check them out! Trust me you won’t be disappointed. And neither will your man.
You may just need to make a few extra.