Ok so I have a confession – these Clean Egg and Zucchini Muffins might just be my favorite (and most delicious) way to start off my morning.
These really are so good and incredibly easy to make at that! Let me go ahead and start off by prefacing that these little muffins might not exactly look half as appetizing as they taste, but boy are they are DELICIOUS. Seriously. I’m only sharing one photo since I didn’t want to scare you away from trying them, I think next time I’ll sprinkle the herbs on top instead of whisking them into the mixture so they won’t clump in certain spots. This recipe really is the perfect clean breakfast that you can easily make ahead of time and grab to on the go in the mornings that will give you energy and lots of nutrition. And if you are anything like me, you need quick breakfast ideas! I wish I was more of a morning person, but sadly the struggle is REAL. These egg muffins also keep well in the fridge for up to one week OR you can feel free to freeze them, but I always like to make them the morning of so that they’re nice and fresh 🙂
Simply chop and shred your veggies the night before, cover and refrigerate and you are all set to go the next day! Hope you enjoy these as much as we did!
- 14 egg whites
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- ½ red bell pepper, minced
- ½ zucchini, shredded
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- ¼ tsp. dried oregano
- Sprinkle of sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a muffin tin with spray and set aside.
- Combine veggies in a large bowl and fill each muffin tin about ⅔ full. Whisk eggs and seasonings in a large mixing bowl and using a ⅓-cup measuring cup, scoop egg mixture and fill each muffin tin to the top.
- Bake muffins for 30 minutes, until they've risen and are slightly browned. Enjoy!