As most of you know, I’ve recently adopted the Tone It Up nutrition plan as a way to transition into a new clean eating lifestyle as well as get my body in better shape for the summer. I never thought this to be true, but believe me when I tell you abs ARE made in the kitchen! Now I’m no where near having six pack abs, but after eating clean for the past four weeks and working out regularly, I am noticing a huge difference in my overall muscle tone.
One thing that I never miss is breakfast and if you are a Tone It Up girl then I know you love your pancakes! Protein pancakes that is. I’ll get into those a bit later, but one of the things I struggle with during the week is making time to not only workout first thing in the morning, but to then make myself breakfast while still managing to get ready, pack my lunch and head out the door to work.Then I made these muffins and folks it was a game changer.
I mean who doesn’t love a guilt-free breakfast??
Recipe adapted from Tone It Up
- 2 1/2 cups protein powder
- 1 1/2 cups eggs whites
- 3 Tbsp almond flour
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/4 cup organic (no sugar added) applesauce
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mash banana with almond milk until smooth. Add in the rest of the ingredients up to the blueberries and mix well. Gently fold in your blueberries.
- Spoon mixture into a muffin tin sprayed with coconut oil and fill close to the top. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Sprinkle powdered stevia on top and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 muffin • Calories: 124 • Fat: 3.8 g • Carbs: 6.9 g • Fiber: 2.6 g • Protein: 16.2 g • WW Points+: 3 pts
Congratulations to Sheree for winning the Kitsy Lane jewelry giveaway and to Elizabeth for winning the Williams-Sonoma gift card giveaway! I’ll email you ladies soon, happy shopping!
These winners were chosen via Random.orgWell I hope you enjoy this recipe and the many more clean recipes to come! That’s not to say I’ll never share an indulgent recipe ever again, but I seriously half the time these recipes don’t even taste healthy…they’re just that good!