I don’t know about you, but running in the winter is the LAST on my list of things-to-do.  I hate having to wear layers of clothing, it’s still freezing out and I have zero motivation to get my booty in gear.  But for some reason, music always seems to lift my spirits and makes running so much more fun.  That and buying a new pair of running shoes….check.  So I thought I’d share some of my favorite workout songs that help get me motivated on those cold, windy mornings when really I’d rather be snuggled up in bed than out on the pavement!

Nickelback – Burn it to the Ground
Britney Spears – Do Somethin’
Maroon 5 – Harder to Breathe
Elvis Costello – Pump it Up
N.E.R.D. – She Wants to Move
Janet Jackson – Control
Daft Punk – Around the World
Fun – Some Nights
Dragonette – Run, Run, Run
PSY – Gangnam Style (duh!)
Fatboy Slim – The Rockafeller Skank
Blink 182 – Anthem II
Kanye West – Champion
T.I. – Bring Em Out
Rihanna – Disturbia
Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera – Moves Like Jagger
Trapt – Headstrong
Britney Spears – Til the World Ends

I’m a HUGE Britney fan, but only put two of her songs up there on the list…but I could literally run to all of her songs and probably get 6 miles done haha.  Anyway hope these motivate you through all this cold weather we’ve been having!

If you have any more favorites share them in the comments section below!

1. Katherine says:

Haha I’m the same with Britney Spears. I have been adding more 90s and 2000s music rather than newer music to my workout playlist.

2. tiarenie says:

Haha! Britney is the artist with the most songs on my running playlist! 🙂

3. Manu says:

This is an awesome post!! I’m always searching for good songs to listen to when I’m working out. The new ones get boring easily!

4. I’m actually not a huge Britney fan but her music for sure gets me going! I just downloaded the most recent Swedish House Mafia album, no genre variety, but I can’t wait to test it out.

5. Melissa says:

Great choices!

<3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

6. Jade Wright says:

Hit Me Baby One More Time came on in the gym the other morning and I found myself getting so into it!! Great selection of songs.

7. CCMcAfee says:

New follower…
    Great list! Although I’m a ‘listen to the quiet’ runner, especially in the winter…

8. Suzanna says:

Thanks for this list! I realized over the weekend that I really need to put some time and thought into a playlist for my runs and this will really help!

9. Thanks for the list! I love Eminem when working out also and was in need of a new list for my nano … I may just swipe all your suggestions and call it a day!

10. AJ says:

I should definitely add some Britney to my list! My running playlist is filled to the brim with David Guetta–he just makes me want to dance while I run! It’s the best motivation!

11. Kay says:

This post could not have been posted at a better time! I had already decided to dedicate my lunch hour to updating my running playlists! Thank you, thank you!!

12. Anna says:

I’m also a huge Britney fan – I always feel like I’m rocking it out at the club when her music comes on.

Great list!

13. Awesome list! I was just in need of some new music to add to my ipod.

14. Katie says:

I love finding new running songs. Thanks!
    XOXO,
    KT Sequins,Mint&Makeup

15. Cyndi R. says:

I love Britney!! This is awesome cause I was just thinking that I need to update my iPod.. Thanks for doing it for me!! Thanks for doing the hard part for me!!! Love your blog! 🙂

16. Helene says:

agree with everything except for Nickelback. i just hate them. haha

17. Kenzie Lee says:

Picking out a workout playlist is both a necessity and very challenging! I’m so glad you shared and can’t wait to test this playlist out this week!

X Kenzie

18. Yay, I needed some new songs. My list was all Britney and I needed to mix it up. Seriously, though, how amazing are her songs to run to? Kelly Clarkson too!

Jill
    Classy with a Kick

19. Great list! I am always changing up my running play list because I get bored quickly and really don’t enjoy running so I need all the inspiration I can get!

Brittany, Pink, Gwen Stefani, Train, Justin Timberlake, and many more songs by the artists you have listed above! Anything fast and up beat!

20. Ibbs Quinton says:

Thanks for the list, I’m going to make it now to try out tomorrow morning.
    I have a really bad habit of making a playlist then listening to it non stop until I can’t stand the songs anymore!
    LOVE that Nickelback tune too, it always gets me going.
    Ibbs x x

21. Shan says:

I’m always looking for new suggestions, so thanks for sharing these! Uprising and Disturbia are some of my favorite songs to run to as well. Two Door Cinema Club, Katy Perry, Sigur Ros, Beyonce, and Miike Snow also show up on my running playlist.

22. Love this post & these great songs! I like running to music with a steady, up-beat tempo so I can try to match my pace to it. Does anyone else do that or am I a total weirdo? haha

Some faves:

Rage Against the Machine – Bulls on Parade
    Kayne West + Jay-Z – Who Gon Stop Me?
    Missy Elliott – Lose Control
    Florence & the Machine – Dog Days are Over
    Flo Rida – Wild Ones
    Beach Boys – Barbara Ann
    Ludacris – My Chick Bad (I imagine he’s singing about me..dorky I know)
    Lady Gaga – Edge of Glory

<3!
    Jenn
    Pure Imajennation

23. I love having good workout music. Always keeps me pumped up and ready to go!!

24. Caroline says:

Thanks for this! I feel like most running playlists are filled with overplayed, Top 40 songs – so this one’s really refreshing and has a great mix!

25. brittany says:

i’ve been reading your blog for quite some time, and i must admit i love all of your recipes. they’re simple, healthy, and delicious.

it’s always nice to get some new ideas for music, too. i think i just get lazy and listen to the same thing on shuffle for months at a time… might have to try out your playlist.

xx
    brittany gypsythatiam.blogspot.com

26. SH says:

These songs sound fantastic! Can’t wait to check out the ones I don’t already know.

Sheree
    The Hartungs Blog
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

27. Love these suggestions!

28. Kristyn says:

Perfect timing! I just received an iTunes giftcard and I don’t have a running playlist! I know what I’ll be spending the giftcard on now!

29. Love it! I needed some music motivation so perfect time. Will be getting this sorted for me this week!

30. This was awesome! So good to get new ideas for workout music. Coolio!
    Cortne

31. This is so awesome! It’s so cool to get new ideas for workouts without having to page through itunes for ideas. Coolio!
    Cortne

32. Val says:

I can’t get enough of Britney ~ I love your play list.

33. Love this list, Kelly! Thanks for all the new ideas.

34. This is great and perfect timing. Thanks!

35. Anonymous says:

I couldn’t refrain from commenting. Well written!

Here is my blog :: dating advice for guys from girls

36. doood says:

I like! 😀

37. I love anything rihanna sings, and eminem for running. Especially on long run days. I’m excited to add some of these to my race day play list. I need music for almost 2 hours:-)

Also, pretty sure you “sync” music since it’s short for synchronize;-)

38. BREI says:

Eve- Tamborine
    Medina- Gutter
    Medina-Lonely
    Medina-Addiction
    Jay Z and Rihanna- Run This Town
    Metro Station-Shake it
    Ago- Tell me where you are
    Gigi D’Agostino- I’ll Fly With You
    September-Cry For You
    Diddy-Come to Me
    TI- Live Your Life
    TI- Whatever You Like
    Rihanna-Breaking Dishes
    Choppa-Choppa Style (this may be a southern Rapper not found on iTunes)
    Maroon 5- One More Night
    Maroon 5- Payphone
    Bieber- Boyfriend and As Long as you love me

39. foodieclaire says:

Great post. I would have loved it if there was a spotify link to the playlist already created! 🙂

40. A magical link to the playlist which I just created on spotify. Thought this might come in handy. Thanks for the track inspirations. Will definitely assist at the gym 🙂

41. This comment has been removed by the author.