Looking for a delicious post-workout snack??
Of course you are, it’s the beginning of the New Year and everyone just joined the gym.
Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE the fact that New Year’s resolutioners (as I like to call them) are motivated to get their booties back in the gym and make a healthy change in their lives…but it takes me over an hour to get a freakin’ elliptical machine!! I can’t complain though, it’s such a great feeling to see the gym packed with so many new faces and I only hope they continue on this healthy path, I truly do.
I just wish they’d share…..just one.
So now what are these mini delights?? Well only the best thing my lips have tasted since I gave up my beloved Reeses peanut butter cups. No unfortunately chocolate isn’t included, but hey, dipping is always welcomed! These are such a great little post-workout treats as they are packed with tons of fiber, protein and little fat to provide long-lasting energy as well as restoring and repairing your muscles after a long workout. They also happen to be only 27 calories per piece!
The filling is a mixture of mashed banana, vanilla Greek yogurt and all-natural peanut butter in between two slices of banana. Place them all on a cookie sheet and pop them in your freezer prior to heading to the gym and you’ve got the perfect snack upon your return home! Oh and they just so happen to taste crazy delicious too, so that’s of course an added bonus.
Post-Workout Banana Bites
- 5 bananas
- 2 oz. vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp all-natural peanut butter
- In a small bowl, mash one banana and whisk together with Greek yogurt and creamy peanut butter; set aside.
- Slice bananas into half-inch thick slices and lay out on a cookie sheet.
- Spread an even amount of peanut butter mixture over top of the slices and place another slice on top. If the bananas start sliding around, feel free to add a bit more peanut butter simply to make the mixture thicker.
- Place cookie sheet in the freezer for a minimum of 2 hours and enjoy after your long workout!
Serving Size: 4 pieces • Calories: 110 • Fat: 1.6 g • Carbs: 23.6 g • Fiber: 2.7 g • Protein: 2.5 g • WW Points+: 3 pts
Hope you enjoy these as much as I did!