But sometimes you need a grilled cheese sammy in your life.And not just any grilled cheese…grilled mozzarella, tomato and basil – holy YUM! As I said before, we’ve been packing like crazy so my kitchen is rather empty at the moment which means living off things like soup and sandwiches. I used panini bread since we already had half a loaf on hand, but feel free to use whole wheat bread! I promise this will still taste delicious, a caprese explosion in your mouth.Tomorrow I’ll share with you my sweet potato lentil soup,
um you might die. It’s my favorite.
- 2 slices whole wheat or panini bread
- 1 slice mozzarella cheese
- 2 or 3 slices of fresh tomato
- 2 or 3 basil leaves
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Heat skillet (or panini press) on medium heat and drizzle olive oil in pan. Allow oil to simmer and place bread, cheese, basil, tomato and top with last slice of bread.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, depending upon how brown you want your sandwich, and flip and cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 sandwich • Calories: 280 • Fat: 12 g • Carbs: 38 g • Fiber: 4 g • Protein: 12 g • WW Points+: 8 pts
Easiest thing you’ll ever make!