Sorry friends! I have been just the absolute worst this month about posting recipes, but I suppose that happens when the holidays sneak up and your house is filled to the ceiling with boxes…sigh. I do have some fun holiday recipes coming up between now and Christmas though in case you needed some last minute party dish ideas! My first one?
Cranberry salsa….of course.
When planning holiday parties, I simply LOVE recipes that can be thrown together in an instant yet still look like you slaved hours in the kitchen. Ok so salsa doesn’t exactly warrant said reaction, but it sure does look pretty anyway! Aside from a bit of chopping, all you need is a food processor (or a blender), throw everything in and voila! You’re done.
This is sweet and spicy with tons of flavor, and is the perfect topping for any cracker or baguette. Yes there is sugar in this, but hey what’s Christmas without a little sweetness?? We can all get back on track after the holidays…least that’s what we tell ourselves, right?
- 1 (12 oz) package fresh cranberries
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ Tbsp lime juice
- ½ cup raw sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- In a food processor or blender, pulse cranberries, orange zest, jalapenos, green onions and cilantro until finely chopped.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in lime juice, sugar and salt, cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Enjoy!