Cranberry salsa….of course.
This is sweet and spicy with tons of flavor, and is the perfect topping for any cracker or baguette. Yes there is sugar in this, but hey what’s Christmas without a little sweetness?? We can all get back on track after the holidays…least that’s what we tell ourselves, right?
Recipe adapted from Southern Living
- 1 (12 oz) package fresh cranberries
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1 orange, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 Tbsp chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a food processor or blender, pulse fresh cranberries until coarsely chopped and transfer to a bowl.
- Then pulse orange zest, orange, sugar, jalapeno peppers, ginger and cilantro together until finally chopped.
- Stir mixture into cranberries and cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1/2 cup • Calories: 183 • Fat: 0.3 g • Carbs: 46 g • Fiber: 1.2 g • Protein: 0.2 g • WW Points+: 5 pts