When planning holiday parties, I simply LOVE recipes that can be thrown together in an instant yet still look like you slaved hours in the kitchen. Ok so salsa doesn’t exactly warrant said reaction, but it sure does look pretty anyway! Aside from a bit of chopping, all you need is a food processor (or a blender), throw everything in and voila! You’re done.
This is sweet and spicy with tons of flavor, and is the perfect topping for any cracker or baguette. Yes there is sugar in this, but hey what’s Christmas without a little sweetness?? We can all get back on track after the holidays…least that’s what we tell ourselves, right?
Recipe adapted from Southern Living
- 1 (12 oz) package fresh cranberries
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- In a food processor or blender, pulse cranberries, orange zest, jalapenos, green onions and cilantro until finely chopped.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in lime juice, sugar and salt, cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1/2 cup • Calories: 82 • Fat: 0.1 g • Carbs: 20.7 g • Fiber: 1.5 g • Protein: 0.2 g • WW Points+: 2 pts