Look! I actually made a recipe!
And it’s a new favorite I should probably add.
Filled with apples, cinnamon, raisins, pecans…..um need I go on?
Yeah didn’t think so.
I actually had a lot of fun making this breakfast dish (or dessert, whichever way you want to look at it) and when I tell you this was super easy, I mean like legit EASY. Throw it all in a bowl, mix it up, throw it in a dish and bake – DONE. The only time consuming requirement is chopping up your apples and you can do that while waiting for your morning coffee to brew.
Or hot chocolate if you’re like me.
My coffee haters not-so anonymous meetings are going well.
I came up with this idea simply from my french toast recipe
(how horrible is that old picture by the way…eek). Anyhoo, I used the same concept except mixed in rolled oats in place of bread along with apples, raisins and chopped pecans. No butter or oil necessary and if making this for dessert, feel free to throw a dollop of vanilla ice cream right smack on top.
Now go stuff your face.
Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 cups diced apples (I used Granny Smith)
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp Splenda brown sugar blend (or 1/3 cup light brown sugar)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease an 8-by-8-inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a small bowl filled with hot water, allow raisins to soak for about 5 minutes until nice and plump.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, baking powder and salt. Stir in apples, pecans and raisins, then set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour over dry mixture and gently stir to combine.
- Pour everything into greased dish and bake for about 1 hour, until golden brown. Serve and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1/2 cup • Calories: 130 • Fat: 2.5 g • Carbs: 23 g • Fiber: 2.6 g • Protein: 5.2 g • WW Points+: 3 pts
You are so welcome. PS — My house will be completely finished next week!! I had so much fun this weekend capturing all the finishing touches, I can’t wait to start cooking in my new kitchen! You can see follow along with all of my house updates on my Instagram here
! C’mon, you know you want to.All I need now are appliances and my gorgeous backsplash.SWOON.