Sometimes I make things that I really like and other times I make things that become staples in my weekly menu.
Yes this would be one of those staples. Can I just go ahead and tell you how insanely easy these were to make?! Other than waiting for the quinoa to cook, these took a total of about 8 minutes! Packed with tons of flavor and made entirely with all-natural whole food ingredients, these little patties make the perfect healthy lunch paired with a side salad and some fruit. I’ve really been trying to jump back on the clean eating wagon again and these were just the thing to kick start my diet.
I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not perfect when it comes to food. 85% of the time I really try to eat as healthy as possible, but I DO like to enjoy life as well and not count calories or carbs. I think when you deprive yourself too much or “diet” (a word I honestly hate), you end up over-eating when you do choose to splurge. Yeah….guilty. Anyway, whether you enjoy clean eating or are just looking for a delicious healthy recipe, this one is just the thing to add to your weekly rotation.
On another note, it IS Election Day so I hope you all went out and voted!! I’m honestly glad all this political stuff will be finally over after today…I was really starting to dislike people on Facebook and Twitter haha. I mean it’s one thing to state your opinion, but it’s another to bash others for stating theirs. I made the decision not to state my political preference, but that doesn’t mean I’m not passionate! I respect everyone’s opinion and I sincerely hope whoever enters office can help with this economic crisis and bring our troops home!
Spring Herb Quinoa Patties
Recipe adapted from Super Natural Everyday Cookbook
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp green onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated cheese, I used Gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- In a large bowl, slightly whisk eggs and add green onion, mint, parsley, cheese, bread crumbs and salt. Mix well.
- Meanwhile cook quinoa according to package directions and gently add 2 cups quinoa to your egg mixture until well combined.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet on medium heat and drizzle about a bit of olive oil in the pan.
- Using your hands, form 2-inch patties making sure they are tightly packed, and place onto pan.
- Cook patties about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 patty • Calories: 130 • Fat: 4.4 g • Carbs: 15.3 g • Fiber: 1.6 g • Protein: 6.5 g • WW Points+: 3 pts