- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups non-fat buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, spices, baking soda and salt and make a well in the center of the flour mixture. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk and applesauce and add to the flour mixture, mixing until just combined. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Heat a greased skillet over medium heat and spoon about 1/4 cup batter onto skillet. Cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes on each side or until pancakes are golden brown. Flip over when surface is bubbly and edges are slightly dry.
- Serve warm and garnish with fresh apple slices and a bit of pure maple syrup, enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 pancake • Calories: 92 • Fat: 0.7 g • Carbs: 17.5 g • Fiber: 1.4 g • Protein: 3.6 g • WW Points+: 2 pts