Yes I know it’s Fall, but the weather is still absolutely gorgeous and lemonade tastes great during any season! There just so happens to be tons of gorgeous lavender growing outside my house and when I came across this recipe on one of my favorite design blogs (while looking for decorating ideas to pin…duh) I knew I just had to make it!Of course I did color the water a bit, just to make it pretty, but you can’t taste the coloring at all (I promise!) and it’s definitely not necessary. I simply mixed 1/4 cup water with one drop of blue coloring with one drop of red and voila! A stunning purple color that I just added into the pitcher.
I just LOVE making homemade lemonade the old fashioned way and chose to cut the sugar in half and use raw agave nectar as an additional sweetener. You can use honey too if you’d like, you really can’t mess this up if you tried!Garnish with some sliced lemons and a few sprigs of lavender and you’ve got yourself one stunning drink.
If I do say so myself.
- For the Lavender Mixture
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup agave nectar (or honey)
- 3 Tbsp dried lavender
- For the Lemonade
- 2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cups water
- 1 lemon, sliced (for garnish)
- To make the simple syrup, combine two cups of water and sugar in a small saucepan over medium high heat, bringing to a boil and whisking until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in agave nectar and dried lavender.
- Cover for about 15 minutes, allowing mixture to steep. Strain lavender, making sure to release all juices and syrup.
- In a large pitcher, combine freshly squeezed lemon juice, lavender mixture and water. Feel free to add a drop of blue coloring and a drop of red to mixture to give it a lovely purple color. Chill for at least 2 hours and serve over ice. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 cup • Calories: 87 • Fat: 0 g • Carbs: 24 g • Fiber: 0 g • Protein: 0 g • WW Points+: 3 pts
Also, congratulations to Bethany from Life Unexpected for winning the Jessica N Designs $50 Shop Credit Giveaway! A HUGE thanks to everyone who entered!! If you haven’t visited her gorgeous shop yet, head over NOW because I swear you will fall in love instantly.Happy Friday!