Ok so I told y’all I’d be cranking out these summer recipes before Fall smacks us in the face! This one is especially a new favorite of mine and one that makes a lot (and I mean A LOT) of food!
Not only is this almost too pretty to eat, but it also makes the perfect side dish for any summer cookout! My brother actually comes home this weekend for almost a month as his pre-deployment leave so we actually have a pretty big cookout planned upon his arrival. THIS is something I’ll definitely be bringing along with these festive fruit skewers since it is Labor Day weekend and all.I know you’re probably asking yourself where the dressing is in this picture that the recipe calls for. To be perfectly honest, my pictures just didn’t turn out as pretty with the vinaigrette drizzled over top, but ohh my gawd is it GOOD! It has a touch of sweetness and tastes incredible with the balsamic and basil combination…throw in feta cheese and just let your heart swoon!
- 1 lb. baby red potatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed (or 2 ears cooked corn)
- 4 roma tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- For the dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped shallot
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 packet Stevia
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Boil potatoes in a covered medium saucepan for about 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain and allow to cool. Arrange sliced potatoes on a platter with tomatoes and sprinkle corn and basil over top.
- For the dressing, whisk together oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper and pour over potato mixture. Sprinkle salad with feta cheese and additional basil, if desired. Enjoy!