Until then, I have a few more summer recipes on the way simply because I’m trying to savor all that’s left of this fabulous season and, well, because we all know I can’t get enough of fresh fruit.
Recipe adapted from Southern Living
- 1 large red onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 2 lb. peeled and deveined, large cooked shrimp with tails
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. orange zest
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 to 3 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- Cut onion and bell peppers into thin strips and layer with shrimp in a large zip-lock bag.
- Whisk together ketchup, cilantro, lime juice, zest, orange juice and chopped chipotle peppers and pour over shrimp in the bag. Seal and chill, allowing to marinate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Pour into a bowl when ready to serve, enjoy!
Serving Size: 1/2 cup • Calories: 152 • Fat: 1.5 g • Carbs: 16.1 g • Fiber: 0.9 g • Protein: 17.6 g • WW Points+: 4 pts
I officially bought my FIRST house!!!And I apologize to anyone who follows me on Instagram because I know that’s ALL you saw this past weekend. Forgive me for clogging up your newsfeed.
BUT they just started building it this weekend and it should be ready at the end of January! I’ll be taking pictures every week of the progress and can’t tell you enough how this place has my absolute dream kitchen! I promise I won’t be all “house talk” on the blog, just wanted to let you know how excited I am.