This is the FIRST time I have ever made scones.
Scones are sooo easy!! And you have no idea how excited I was to find this little tid bit of information out. Yes I know I’m a little behind in the baking scene and I’m sure most of you reading this are making fun of me (bite me), but hey, it’s those little pleasures in life that make us the most happy, right?
Unless you win the lottery
which in that case I hate you.
Recipe adapted from Skinnytaste
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp cold light butter
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup raisins (microwave with a teaspoon of water to plump)
- For glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. fat-free milk
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in cold butter, using a pastry cutter or two knives, until mixture is in coarse crumbs.
- Add in milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon and slightly beaten egg and mix until blended.
- Lay dough out on a lightly floured surface and add in raisins, kneading dough just a few times to combine. Then form dough into a 9-inch disc (about 3/4-inch thick).
- Using a pizza cutter (because that's all I had), slice dough into 12 equal pieces. Bake for about 15 minutes and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk together powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth and then drizzle over cooled scones. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 scone • Calories: 151 • Fat: 1.8 g • Carbs: 30 g • Fiber: 1.8 g • Protein: 3.5 g • WW Points+: 4 pts