Recipe adapted from Better Homes & Gardens
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 cups salad greens
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- Sliced almonds, toasted
- For the marinade:
- 2 tsp. orange zest
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried thyme (or savory)
- For the dressing:
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. shallots, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine ingredients for the marinade and pour over chicken in a resealable plastic bag. Allow chicken to marinate for 6 to 8 hours in the fridge, turning bag occasionally.
- Line a broiler pan with foil and place chicken on the pan, discarding the marinade. Season with a bit of salt and pepper and broil 5 to 6 inches away from heat for 15 minutes, turning once. Chicken should no longer be pink and juices will run clear.
- While chicken is broiling, mix together the ingredients for the dressing in a screw top jar and shake well (or whisk together in a bowl). Divide greens among 4 plates (or 2 for larger portions) and top with chopped peppers and orange sections. Slice chicken crosswise and arrange over greens and drizzle with dressing. Feel free to garnish with sliced almonds, if desired. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups • Calories: 273 • Fat: 7.9 g • Carbs: 13.4 g • Fiber: 2.3 g • Protein: 35.6 g • WW Points+: 7 pts
Also don’t forget, the Shine Project $50 Shop Credit Giveaway is still going on through Monday so enter now for a chance to win!