So I must admit, there seems to be something in the water that’s causing all my friends to get pregnant! Watch out for the baby epidemic people, you might just be next. But I’m not gonna lie, attending baby showers might just be the most precious thing ever. The shopping alone makes me want a little bun in the oven, but no worries friends. Not in my immediate future at all.Sorry mom.
But in the spirit of all my friends with children, I thought I’d make something fun and kid-friendly. I mean who doesn’t love chocolate and apples?? This is a delicious healthy treat that might as well be considered dessert!
And yes, I did mention that these are “kid-friendly,” but I can pretty much guarantee that you’ll love them just as much (if not more) than the kids would. I chose to use a low-fat apple-cinnamon flavored granola I found at Trader Joes since it went with the whole, you know, apple theme. I’m gonna go ahead and pat myself on the back for that decision since these tasted seriously yummy.
I think it’s also pretty obvious to see how incredibly eeeeeasy these are to make! Have your kids help too, they will just love dipping their own apples in the chocolate and sprinkling on the granola. Chris, being the big kid that he is, even helped me with these. Definitely helped me eat them too! Although I’m not surprised, this is coming from the guy who would choose Kraft macaroni and cheese and hot dogs for dinner over shrimp scampi or filet mignon.
Ok maybe not over steak, but you get my point.Anyway, these are guaranteed to be a hit amongst your kids and will certainly make a delicious healthy snack when you’re craving something sweet. And why wouldn’t you when they are only 1 WW point per wedge??
- 1 large apple, cut into 16 wedges
- 2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup low-fat granola (I used cinnamon-apple flavored)
- Begin by melting your chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring each time, until your chocolate is completely melted. Place your granola in another small bowl, set aside.
- Slice your apple into 16 wedges. Dip your wedges, skin side up, into the chocolate and then dredge in the granola. Enjoy!