The simplicity of this pizza is just what I was looking for and uses absolutely no sauce! Just sliced tomatoes, fat-free mozzarella cheese, chopped basil and a bit of balsamic! My favorite combination of ingredients all on one heaping pile of dough.
Which also tasted crazy delicious.
…and I write for a food blog?
Recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman
- For the dough:
- 1/2 tsp. active dry or instant yeast
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup warm water
- For the pizza:
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 oz) fat free mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 fresh basil, chopped
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Sprinkle yeast over warm water. In your stand mixer using the paddle attachment, combine the flour and salt. Then on a slow speed, drizzle in the olive oil until just combined with the flour.
- Next pour in the yeast/water mixture and mix until just combined. Form the dough into a ball.
- Coat a separate bowl with a touch of olive oil and place your ball of dough into the bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and store in fridge until ready to use, at least 24 hours in advance.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray (or utilize a pizza stone if you have one) and get a bit of flour on your hands.
- Start working your dough and stretch it into a long rectangle on your baking sheet, pressing with your fingers to finish forming. Your dough should be very thin.
- Brush your dough with about a 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil and rub your crust with the cut sides of the garlic. Arrange tomato slices over crust, leaving a 1/2 inch border and sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly throughout.
- Bake at 500 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly. Sprinkle pizza evenly with chopped basil, salt and pepper and feel free to drizzle a bit of balsamic if desired. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 2 slices • Calories: 230 • Fat: 7 g • Carbs: 32 g • Fiber: 1.8 g • Protein: 7.6 g • WW Points+: 6 pts
Oh and you know I’m going to rock some super cute lenses.
Hmm maybe I’ll even look smarter?