Ok so I have a serious obsession with anything breaded. Breaded cheese
. Breaded chicken
. Breaded onion rings
. Mmm it just makes everything taste that much better. So why not zucchini??
One of my favorite things to order when watching football games out at the bar is fried zucchini sticks…aaaaand they’re literally like 6194639101795730 calories. Don’t worry, I counted. So I wanted to make a healthier version without all the butter and oil that is required when deep fat frying these babies. Baked is the way to go people! I added a hint of parmesan to the Italian breadcrumbs and these tasted absolutely amazing. Oh and of course, the perfect appetizer for game day!
And at only 2 points for 4 zucchini sticks PLUS some marinara sauce for dipping, you definitely get to indulge! I don’t know about you, but I’ll take these over the fattening fried stuff any day.
Plus it leaves more room for cocktails.
- 3 Tbsp Italian bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp. fat-free milk
- 2 large zucchini, cut lengthwise and in half (about 16 sticks)
- 1/3 cup pasta sauce, warmed
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside. Combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in a shallow dish. Combine egg white and milk in another dish and beat with a fork until well blended.
- Dip each zucchini stick first into the crumb mixture, then into the egg white mixture, allowing excess to drip back into the dish. Roll again in the crumb mixture to coat. Place zucchini sticks on prepared baking sheet; spray with cooking spray.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with pasta sauce and enjoy!
Serving Size: 4 sticks + 4 tsp. marinara • Calories: 69 • Fat: 2 g • Carbs: 9 g • Fiber: 1 g • Protein: 4 g • WW Points+: 2 pts