Do you ever just come across one of those recipes and think to yourself must.eat. NOW. Um here ya go friends. I found this recipe on a fabulous food blog called Domestic Fits and it is seriously a winner! I had originally planned to make these for hors d’oeuvres at my friend’s wedding I recently helped cater, but due to the crazy amounts of food we already had, these unfortunately never made it to the table. SOOO I went ahead and made them for myself. ALL to myself.
Ok…so did I share a few of them, but let’s get real folks, these are just too good to give away!
I loved how easy these were to whip up too! It uses simple ingredients and comes out tasting fantastic. This recipe yields a lot of crab dip so feel free to put some on the cucumbers while placing the rest in a serving dish with bread or crackers. Trust me your friends will thank you! You can’t go wrong with mini appetizers packed full of protein, low in fat and calories and essential vitamins such as B12! Oh and at 1 WW point for every 3 cucumber cups, you can afford to splurge!
Cucumber Cups Stuffed with Spicy Crab
Recipe adapted from Domestic Fits
Serves: 6 servings
- 3 long cucumbers
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- ¼ cup fat-free cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup crab meat, excess water removed
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. brown mustard
- 1 Tbsp green onion, minced
- Paprika, if desired
- Peel your cucumbers and cut into 2 inch slices.
- Using a melon baller or small spoon, scoop out ¾ths of the inside, being careful not to scoop through the bottom. You want to leave the walls and a thick portion of the bottom intact.
- In a medium bowl, mix together sour cream and cream cheese until well combined. Add in remaining ingredients and stir until just combined. Fill each cucumber cup with the crab mixture and refrigerate until ready to serve. Feel free to sprinkle a bit of paprika on each cucumber cup for garnish. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 3 cucumber cups • Calories: 68.4 • Fat: 1.2 g • Carbs: 4.2 g • Fiber: 0.9 g • Protein: 8.7 g • WW Points+: 1 pt