Happy New Year lovelies!!!
I hope everyone rang in the New Year with lots of love, laughs and glitz! Lemme tell you, we sure did. We went out with Chris, his brother and wifey (who is fabulous by the way!) and lots of other friends, it was certainly a night to remember. I of course donned my new sparkly black cocktail dress and danced the night away with confetti and horns. But more of that later, I have a really yummy recipe to share!
This cranberry oat and honey bread is seriously the chupacabra of healthy bread recipes. Ever heard that term? Well Patti Stanger (you know, the Millionaire Matchmaker..duh) uses it when she finds the “perfect” man and well I use it for the perfect recipe.
Oh and notice anything different? I got to play with my new 50 mm lens and I absolutely LOVE it!! It makes taking pictures so much more fun and it really never takes a bad photo. I had so many great ones to choose from!
This bread contains no sugar, no butter and very little oil. The honey is used as a sweetener as well as a touch of cinnamon and nutmeg for some added spice. It was deeeelicioooous! Just take my word for it. You can use fresh cranberries or dried, I used dried only because I had some on hand but I think fresh would taste even better. This is a great breakfast bread and you probably already have everything on hand to make this.
The only change I would make to this would be to add a bit of yogurt to make it more moist. It may also be a perfect substitute instead of the oil, but either way this still tastes delish! Mmm and nothing smells better than fresh homemade bread in your house.
Cranberry Oat and Honey Bread
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 cups fresh cranberries (or 1 cup dried)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and oats.
- In a large bowl, mix together honey, yogurt, eggs and milk. Mix in flour mixture until just moistened.
- Stir in cranberries and pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 slice • Calories: 196 • Fat: 5.5 g • Carbs: 27.5 g • Fiber: 1.7 g • Protein: 3.9 g • WW Points+: 4 pts