Mmmm, is there anything better than sweet, cheesy warm pastry cups that you can sink your teeth into that will just explode with flavor in your mouth??Sorry got a bit carried away.
But these are seriously THAT good! They’re the perfect mini appetizers to serve at your next brunch and I promise you your friends will love them! The portion sizes are diet-friendly yet they taste sinfully delicious.
Plus, aren’t they just so cute?
I found these when I was searching for appetizer ideas for my friends wedding and although we never used this recipe, I knew I had a keeper on my hands. They’re super easy and take no time at all to whip together. Feel free to make the pastry cups ahead of time if inviting guests over, you can bake them up to 4 hours in advance. Just cover them with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to bake and assemble the preserves and cheese right before they come over and pop in the oven!Easy peasy loves.
Chris even had the brilliant idea of using jalapeno jelly next time to add a little spice to these. I LOVE any type of food that gives ya a good kick in the pants so I’ll definitely be trying that next time! I can’t recommend this recipe enough to y’all, you can pretty much make the recipe to your liking!Well enough of my rambling, I shall give you this recipe.
Brie and Cherry Pastry Cups
Recipe adapted from Better Crocker
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/3 cup red cherry preserves
- 4 oz. Brie cheese, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray 24 muffin cups (two pans) with cooking spray. Cut pastry into 24 (2 inch) squares. Slightly press each square into muffin cup and press center with finger.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Press center with handle of wooden spoon. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes longer or until golden brown. Immediately press again in center. Fill each with about 1/2 teaspoon cherry preserves and top with cheese slice. Bake about 3 to 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle chopped pecans and chives as garnish and serve warm. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 pastry cup • Calories: 60 • Fat: 4 g • Carbs: 5 g • Fiber: 0 g • Protein: 1 g • WW Points+: 2 pts
I’m now accepting sponsors for February, 2012 and there are limited spots available! I’d LOVE to have you, email me at [email protected] for more information!