Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
- 1 box uncooked penne (I use Dreamfields)
- Cooking spray
- 1 lb. 93% lean ground beef
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 6 oz fat-free cream cheese
- 3/4 cup (3 oz) shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat broiler.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat and drain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and coat pan with cooking spray. Add beef to pan and saute for about 5 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Remove beef from pan and drain.
- Wipe pan clean with paper towels and add 1/2 tablespoon of oil to pan. Swirl to coat then add onion. Saute for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and saute 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add beef; sprinkle with salt. Stir in milk, tomatoes and cream cheese, stirring until smooth; bring to a simmer. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in pasta.
- Spoon pasta mixture into a 13 x 9-inch broiler-safe baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle mozzarella evenly over top. Broil 4 minutes or until golden. Sprinkle with parsley and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 1/3 cups • Calories: 355 • Fat: 7.1 g • Carbs: 39 g • Fiber: 4.8 g • Protein: 30 g • WW Points+: 8 pts
Check out these cake pops I made for the party!
Thank you pinterest! I find myself pinning cute stuff EVERY.SINGLE.DAY and found this great idea for cake pops using marshmallows and candy canes. I’ll share the recipe next week!
Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!