There is just something about Fall that makes me LOVE this season more than any other. Maybe it’s the cute scarves and boots we get to get all bundled up in or the pretty foliage that starts to poke its way out once the summer heat has faded away, but either way my favorite part about Fall would have to be the abundance of pumpkin recipes! Whether I’m starting my morning off with a pumpkin spiced latte from Starbucks or enjoying a delicious pumpkin muffin for breakfast, this Fall favorite can add flare to any old recipe.
Since Erin, from the fabulous blog Dinners, Dishes and Desserts, asked me to guest post while she moves this weekend, I thought this would be the perfect recipe to share with everyone!
These Pumpkin Pie Cups make perfect healthy alternatives to your typical slice of indulgent pumpkin pie just in time for Thanksgiving. Best part is you can have one entire bowl for just 172 calories and ZERO grams of fat! Yes I did in fact say zero.
Doesn’t get much better than that and I promise you they taste delicious. I loved the slight crunch the cornflakes added to this dish and the combination of pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg was amazing! Make these for guests at your next dinner party or throw them together when you want to indulge in something sweet without having the unnecessary calories. It’s so quick and easy!
Skinny Pumpkin Pie Cups
Serves: 4 servings
- ¼ cup coarsely crushed cornflakes
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- ¼ tsp. + ⅛ tsp. ground ginger, divided
- ¾ cup fat-free milk
- ¾ cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 Tbsp corn syrup
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ⅓ cup cholesterol-free egg substitute
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For topping, combine cornflakes, 1 Tbsp brown sugar, ½ tsp. cinnamon and ⅛ tsp. ginger in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- For filling, heat milk in small saucepan over medium heat. Do not boil. Combine pumpkin, remaining ¼ cup brown sugar, corn syrup, cornstarch, remaining ½ tsp. cinnamon, ¼ tsp. ginger and nutmeg in large bowl.
- Stir hot milk into pumpkin mixture. Add egg substitute and whisk until smooth. Pour into four 6 oz. oven proof custard cups or ramekins. Sprinkle evenly with topping. Place cups in a baking pan and carefully add hot water to about ¾-inch depth.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 ramekin • Calories: 172 • Fat: 0 g • Carbs: 37 g • Fiber: 1 g • Protein: 6 g • WW Points+: 4 pts
Ummm and note to self…next time strategically place spoons so you CAN’T see yourself taking pictures. Whoops.