Man does it feel good to be back in the kitchen! Before I left for vacation I had received a lot of requests for skinny desserts and I wanted to come up with some crave-worthy recipes that tasted just as good as their sinful counterparts. Well I think I found a winner.
These tasty macaroons are made with angel food cake, coconut and crushed almonds…that’s it! No oil, no eggs, no butter – NADA and they taste delicious. They’re light and chewy with just a bit of crunch and would make a perfect treat with your morning coffee or a wonderful snack to satisfy that sweet tooth. Best part about these little sweets is that they’re uber easy!! Whip a batch up in no more than 5 minutes and pop them in the oven for about 25 minutes. I bet your kiddies will love them too
Enjoy my friends!
- 1 package (16 oz) angel food cake mix
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 package (14 oz) sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Beat cake mix, water and almond extract in a large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add half of coconut; beat until blended. Add remaining coconut and almonds; beat until well blended.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool cookies on cookie sheets 3 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Serving Size: 1 cookie • Calories: 94 • Fat: 4 g • Carbs: 14 g • Fiber: 1 g • Protein: 2 g • WW Points+: 3 pts