Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
- 1 cup uncooked farro or wheat berries
- 1 cup green peas
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 packet Stevia
- 1 cup cubed watermelon
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup shaved fresh pecorino Romano cheese
- Place farro in a large saucepan, and cover with water to 2 inches above farro. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 23 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- Add green peas to pan with farro, and cook for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse farro mixture with cold water; drain.
- Combine farro mixture, 1/2 tsp. salt and Stevia in a large bowl. Add the watermelon cubes and 1 cup chopped parsley, and toss gently to combine. Top salad with Romano cheese and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 cup • Calories: 188 • Fat: 4.2 g • Carbs: 35.5 g • Fiber: 6 g • Protein: 10 g • WW Points+: 5 pts
Hope everyone is enjoying this fabulous weekend and let me know how you like this if you decide to give it a try!