So as you all know, I LOVE pasta! But it really isn’t diet friendly by an means and it’s soo hard to find recipes that are healthy! Leave it to Cooking Light
to solve this problem for me.
I bring you a lightened up version of Baked Rigatoni with a delicious home-made tomato sauce
! This tasted absolutely amazing and seriously cut about 150 calories compared to a typical serving of cheesy rigatoni. PLUS you can’t go wrong when red wine is called in your pasta dish…yum!
Since I didn’t get home from work til about 6:30, I lost a lot of sunlight outside and was super disappointed my pictures didn’t turn out as well as I had wanted. I really need to build a little studio!! Sigh…sadly I digress. This still turned out to be the perfect dish for a lazy week night and yielded a TON of leftovers for you to pack for your other half’s lunch the next day
Satisfaction = complete.
- 4 cups Recipe adapted from tomato sauce
- 1 lb. ground round
- 4 cups cooked rigatoni (about 2 1/2 cups uncooked pasta)
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz) shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup (1 oz) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Prepare Tomato Sauce .
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook ground beef in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned; stir to crumble. Drain well. Combine beef, rigatoni, Tomato Sauce, and 1 cup mozzarella in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with 1/2 cup mozzarella and grated Parmesan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Serving Size: 1 cup • Calories: 305 • Fat: 9 g • Carbs: 30.5 g • Fiber: 2.3 g • Protein: 24 g • WW Points+: 8 pts