Yay!! I have been SO excited to share this post for about a month now and introduce you to The Secret Recipe Club! If you haven’t heard of this Club yet well you’re in luck. Miss Amanda from Amanda’s Cookin started this amazing group in order to introduce fellow bloggers to one another and help gain exposure to everyone’s delicious recipes! Each member is secretly given another blog for them to choose ANY recipe that they wish to recreate and share with the world on a particular date. Think Secret Santa meets Betty Crocker. Great idea, huh?? Well this is my very first one and I couldn’t be happier to share it with you all!
So who’s fabulous blog did I have the honor of receiving??
SURPRISE! I got Kimberly from Rhubarb and Honey! I must say I was so pleased with this assignment. Kimberly’s blog is not only beautiful with enviable gorgeous pictures, but it’s also incredibly inviting and made me feel like I had known her for years! Kimberly has so many delicious recipes that it was hard to choose just ONE to make, but sticking with my diet (it is still bikini season ya’ll) I chose to make her delicious Chicken Piccata.
Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE chicken dishes and I’ve always wanted to make chicken piccata. Not really sure why I never made this delicious attempt, but was super excited when I saw this on Kimberly’s blog! Her recipe is fantastic and definitely a must-try. To be honest, I made ZERO changes to this dish because, well, it just looked so freakin’ good! And on top of that, I was SOOO immensely grateful to her for sharing the nutritional information, right up my alley girl. I mean, who knew I’d be randomly paired with a blog who ALSO calculated the Weight Watcher’s points for each recipe??
Pure fate I tell ya
Anyway, this dish tasted incredibly delicious and me and the boyfriend scarfed everything right up. You really can’t go wrong with a recipe that calls for white wine, lemon juice and zest, the combination was perfection! Once I started cooking, the aroma from my kitchen was amazing and even the delivery guy made a comment on how delicious my house smelled! I paired this with some brown rice and enjoyed a few glasses of white wine as well.
Recipe adapted from Rhubarb and Honey
Serves: 4 servings
- ¼ cup + 1 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 8 (3 oz) thin boneless, skinless chicken cutlets
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp capers, rinsed
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 4 (2-inch) strips lemon zest
- 4 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, chilled
- Spread ¼ cup of flour in a shallow dish. Rinse chicken cutlets and dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Dredge one side of each cutlet in the flour, shaking off the excess.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until simmering. Lay 4 cutlets, floured side down, in the skillet and cook for about 3 minutes on the first side or until golden brown. Flip the cutlets over and continue to cook until the meat is no longer pink, about 1 minute. Transfer the cutlets to a plate and tent loosely with foil. Repeat with the remaining oil and cutlets.
- Add the capers and garlic to the oil left in the skillet, return to medium heat and cook for about 30 seconds, until fragrant. Stir in the remaining 1 tsp. flour until incorporated. Whisk in the broth, wine and lemon zest strips, scraping any browned bits for additional flavor. Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened slightly and reduced to about a ½ cup, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Return the cutlets, along with any accumulated chicken juices into the simmering sauce. Continue to simmer until heated through, about 30 seconds. Transfer the chicken to a plate. Off the heat, remove the lemon zest and whisk in the lemon juice and butter. Spoon the sauce over the chicken, serve and enjoy!
Serving Size: 2 chicken cutlets with sauce • Calories: 310 • Fat: 12 g • Carbs: 4 g • Fiber: 0 g • Protein: 40 g • WW Points+: 7 pts
Thanks again Kimberly for this delicious recipe! Make sure to check out her fabulous blog Rhubarb and Honey for more amazing dishes and fun stories.