Ya’ll! It’s my 100th post!! Can ya tell I’m excited??
The past 6 months have been been such a learning experience for me. I’ve developed SO much as a cook, I’ve found a new passion for photography and I’m officially addicted to my blog. I suppose this addiction is better than say…the alternative (eek)…but I definitely wouldn’t trade the friends I’ve made or the inspiration I’ve found for anything!
So enough of me being sappy, I have a fun recipe to share with you all! I found this delicious healthy snack in my Cooking Light cookbook and it was such a great find! These Peanut Butter Granola Apple Rings were super delicious and the granola recipe alone is a new favorite of mine. Or, to save time, you can use pre-made granola that you already have on hand and this will still taste delicious, but I promise you…you’re missing out on this delicious recipe! I did make one little mistake though (as you can probably see in my pictures), the recipe asks you to slice each apple into 6 rings, but I was in a hurry and just cut the apples in half. Trust me, you’ll want the thin rings! Makes it much easier to eat and you get more of the peanut-buttery granola flavor. Yum!
My advice is to pre-make the granola and store in an airtight container so that you’ll always have it on hand and I chose to use Granny Smith apples because of their crispness. This snack would be perfect while at work or even just to satisfy that sweet tooth and doesn’t take but 10 minutes to put together! Using only 4 ingredients, this vitamin- and fiber-rich apple snack is packed full of flavor and sure to please. Even your kids will love it!
Peanut Butter Granola Apple Rings
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 cup Cinnamon-Pecan Granola (see recipe)
- ¼ cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 red or green apples, cored and cut into 6 rings
- Cinnamon-Pecan Granola:
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup uncooked old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Cooking spray
- To make the granola: Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Combine brown sugar and 1 Tbsp water in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 30 seconds or until sugar is dissolved. Stir in oil and cinnamon. Add oats and pecans, stirring until coated. Spread oat mixture on a large rimmed baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 30 minutes or until browned, stirring twice. Spread mixture in a single layer on wax paper to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
- For apple rings: Place 1 cup of the granola mixture in a small dish. Combine peanut butter and honey in a small bowl, stirring until smooth. Spread mixture evenly on 1 side of each apple slice. Sprinkle evenly with granola. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 2 apple rings • Calories: 179 • Fat: 10.1 g • Carbs: 20.4 g • Fiber: 2.5 g • Protein: 4.3 g • WW Points+: 5 pts