Like I said in my last post, I LOVE Summer. This would be why.
I always have an abundance of fruit on hand during this season and I happened to have a ton of leftover strawberries that I needed to use soon! Since I was in the mood for a yummy, fresh salad, I used this vinaigrette recipe I absolutely love from Rachel Ray and thought it tasted delicious! I lightened her recipe up a bit by adding low-sugar strawberry preserves instead of jam and extra light olive oil as opposed to extra virgin. Next time I think I’ll add some poppy seeds to the dressing for a little bit of a variation. Of course I had to throw in some almonds because, well, they’re just sooo good! This is super easy, super fast and SUPER delicious!
Now go make a plate, pour a glass of wine and sit out on your back deck and enjoy this fabulous evening!
Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad
- 2 tsp. low-sugar strawberry preserves (I used Smuckers)
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp extra light olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 to 5 cups chopped romaine or mixed greens
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- Place strawberry preserves in a medium bowl and whisk in vinegar then extra light olive oil. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Add the strawberries and greens to a bowl and toss to coat evenly with dressing. Garnish with toasted almonds if desired, enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups salad, 2 Tbsp dressing + 5 strawberries • Calories: 57.5 • Fat: 8.7 g • Carbs: 4.2 g • Fiber: 1 g • Protein: 2.5 g • WW Points+: 3 pts
** Update: This is my 3rd post accepted onto Foodgawker! I won’t do these little updates anymore, but it just feels like such an accomplishment I want to share it with you all! It was also accepted onto Tastespotting as well!! I think I’m finally getting the hang of this.