What a gorgeous day today was! Mind you it felt like an oven the majority of the time, but that’s what I love about summer…always an excuse to head to the pool. Unfortunately I don’t have the luxury of being a stay-at-home housewife (although I wish I could be!) so I was enjoying the view of this wonderful weather from my office window. Le sigh.
Although the great thing about my job is that I have the internet at my disposal and can find yummy recipes! I was looking for a light chicken dish that would be quick and simple. I had lots of fresh rosemary, thyme and parmesan cheese on hand so this recipe looked perfect! I lightened it up by cutting back on the amount of butter asked for and chose to use chicken cutlets instead of full breasts, but other than that this was pretty perfect on its own!
What I really love most about this recipe, aside from the fresh herbs of course, is the Dijon, Worcestershire and garlic mixture that you dip the chicken into! I found that this combination of flavors really accompanied each other well and made this dish absolutely delicious! I paired the chicken with brown rice and rosemary-olive oil bread and it did not disappoint. Perfect summer meal that was light yet very filling!
Baked Parmesan and Herb Chicken
Recipe adapted from Amanda's Cookin
Serves: 4 servings
- 4 skinless chicken cutlets
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ⅔ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 4 Tbsp light butter
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs. In a saucepan, melt butter and stir in Dijon mustard, Worcestershire and garlic. Remove from heat.
- Dip chicken in butter mixture, roll in breadcrumb mixture, pressing gently to make sure all crumbs cling. Place on baking pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until golden. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 chicken cutlet • Calories: 241 • Fat: 9.5 g • Carbs: 6 g • Fiber: 0.1 g • Protein: 7 g • WW Points+: 4 pts