Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 (1-ounce) sticks part-skim mozzarella string cheese
- 3 Tbsp egg substitute
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add 1/3 cup of panko bread crumbs to the pan and cook for 2 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, and place the panko in a shallow dish.
- Cut mozzarella sticks into 1-inch pieces. Working with one piece at a time, dip cheese in egg substitute; dredge in panko. Place cheese on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425 degrees for 3 minutes or until cheese is softened and thoroughly heated.
- Pour the marina sauce into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on HIGH one minute or until thoroughly heated, stirring after 30 seconds. Serve with mozzarella bites and enjoy!
Serving Size: 3 mozzarella bites + 1 Tbsp marinara sauce • Calories: 91 • Fat: 5.1 g • Carbs: 6.7 g • Fiber: 0.1 g • Protein: 7.2 g • WW Points+: 3 pts