Ok so I’m in LOVE with this spread! A huge thanks to my friend Nicole for introducing this recipe to me. This has become such a staple at all our cookouts and tailgates this summer so I just had to share it with you! Best part?! It’s completely fat-free!! Since my brother just got home this weekend from being in Afghanistan for 8 months, we’re throwing him a huge homecoming party and I went ahead and made this dip for the block party
I’m soooo incredible proud of you Jamie! Glad you are home safe!!
Ok so back to my dip
Feel free to kick the heat up a notch if you can handle spicier foods or leave out the cayenne pepper altogether if you want a more subdued taste. Either way it won’t disappoint! In my opinion, this goes best with whole wheat crackers OR, to keep it even healthier, slice up some of your leftover red bell pepper and dip away! This goes perfect with fresh veggies and is completely guilt-free
Hope you guys enjoy it!
Spicy Sun Dried Tomato Spread
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, without oil, dry packed
- 8 oz. fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 4 Tbsp scallions, chopped
- 4 Tbsp red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Place tomatoes in a small bowl. Cover with 1 cup of boiling water and allow to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Drain and chop tomatoes.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine cream cheese, yogurt and chili sauce and mix well. Add tomatoes and remaining ingredients. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1/4 cup • Calories: 80 • Fat: 0 g • Carbs: 10 g • Fiber: 1 g • Protein: 7.5 g • WW Points+: 2 pts
**Yay!! Update: This post has recently been featured on Foodgawker
and is my very first post accepted!! Can you tell I’m excited?!