Recipe adapted from Our Best Bites
- 1 box bowtie pasta (I used Barilla Plus Pasta)
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced or about 3/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 large red, yellow or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup frozen fresh corn
- zest from 2 limes
- optional: 8 oz. diced cooked chicken
- 6 Tbsp fresh lime juice (about 3 juicy limes)
- 1/4 cup white wine or light rice vinegar
- 4-5 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 1/2 tsp. kosher or sea salt
- 2 tsp. sugar (add a touch more if your limes are extra sour/bitter)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- Begin by cooking pasta per box directions. While water is boiling, prepare dressing.
- Place the lime juice, vinegar, garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt and sugar in a blender. (Basically everything except the cilantro and oil) Process until smooth. With the motor running slowly, add the oil in a steady stream until incorporated. Add the cilantro and pulse so it gets broken up, but some pieces still remain in tact.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse immediately with cold water to cool. Place the pasta in a large salad bowl and toss with lime zest. Add black beans, tomatoes, diced peppers, green onions, corn (no need to thaw corn), and chicken if desired. Toss with dressing.
- Taste, add additional salt and pepper to taste. For best results, chill for one hour before serving. Serve with extra lime wedges if desired.
Serving Size: 1 cup • Calories: 265 • Fat: 13 g • Carbs: 26 g • Fiber: 3.5 g • Protein: 7 g • WW Points+: 7 pts