WOW! I absolutely loooooved how this chicken turned out! I found this recipe on Cooking Light and thought the ingredients complimented each other so well. Once again I must give my little disclaimer: recipes will be made again with my NEW camera (I clearly still have a lot to learn), but don’t let my picture fool you! This chicken was really amazing 🙂 For all you moms, make this using chicken tenders with some honey mustard dipping sauce and your kids will love it! This dish is super easy, super healthy and oh so filling! Next time I think I’ll squeeze some lemon juice over top for some additional flavor. Hope you enjoy it!
Walnut and Rosemary Oven-Fried Chicken
Serves: 4 servings
- 4 (6 oz) chicken cutlets
- ¼ cup fat-free milk
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup panko bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- ¾ tsp. minced fresh rosemary
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Rosemary leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine milk and mustard in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk. Add chicken to mixture, turning to coat.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add panko to pan; cook 3 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently. Combine panko, nuts, cheese, rosemary, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Remove chicken from milk mixture and dredge in panko mixture.
- Arrange a wire rack on a large baking sheet; coat rack with cooking spray. Arrange chicken on rack; coat chicken with cooking spray. Bake at 425 degrees F for 13 minutes or until chicken is done. Garnish with rosemary leaves, if desired.
Serving Size: 1 chicken cutlet • Calories: 280 • Fat: 7 g • Carbs: 6 g • Fiber: 0.9 g • Protein: 42.7 g • WW Points+: 6 pts