Recipe adapted from Skinnytaste
- 1 box Dreamfields penne rigate pasta
- 2 tsp. light butter
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 shallots, minced
- 3 oz. prosciutto, chopped
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 28 oz. can crush tomatoes
- 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup vodka (I used Smirnoff but its your choice)
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil your penne pasta per box directions until al dente (about 10 minutes).
- In a large pan, heat butter on a low flame. Add garlic and shallots and saute until soft, about 2 minutes. Add prosciutto and red pepper flakes and cook another minute.
- Add tomatoes, vodka, salt and pepper and cook on low, covered about 20 minutes. Add basil and half and half, mix well and cook another 5 minutes or so.
- Serve this over pasta and top with grated parmesan cheese.
Serving Size: 1 cup • Calories: 356 • Fat: 3 g • Carbs: 43 g • Fiber: 5 g • Protein: 9.3 g • WW Points+: 6 pts