Ok so I was on a baking roll last night since I’m such a holiday junkie and loooove to do this kind of stuff! I can’t even imagine how I’m going to be when I’m actually a mother! Anyway, these little nests were SO easy to make and a big thanks to A Bicycle Built for Two
for sharing the recipe. Seriously! They only took me 5 to 10 minutes! I brought them into work today and my co-workers scarfed them right up…..so I applaud myself. You can use any type of eggs, I wanted to find the Hershey chocolate eggs, but the store only had Reeses Peanut Butter eggs (shh I’m not complaining). If you’d like to keep them healthier, just use sugar-free jelly beans. No need to bake them, no need to refrigerate them….just whip em up and let them sit. Happy Easter everyone! And don’t worry, I have more goodies coming your way between now and Sunday.
- 12 oz. package chow mien noodles
- 12 oz. package of white chocolate chips (or you can use butterscotch to make them more brown)
- Egg shaped candies
- Begin by melting the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds, then stir and repeat until candy is melted completely and smooth.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the noodles to the bowl of melted candy and mix (crush them up a bit, but not too much).
- Use a large spoon or a 1/4 measuring cup to measure out the cookies and place on parchment paper. Place 3 of the candy eggs in the center using some of the melted chocolate as glue.
- Allow about 5 to 10 minutes to dry and harden.
Serving Size: 1 nest • Calories: 56 • Fat: 2 g • Carbs: 7 g • Fiber: 0.1 g • Protein: 0.5 g • WW Points+: 1 pt