Happy Saturday!! The sun is shining, me and my hunnie have no plans so I decided to make him some french toast on this lazy day. I have my own way of making it and though NO unfortunately it’s not healthy, I made small portions so that the calorie count wouldn’t be too terrible. I also paired it with some fresh fruit to make it sweet and keep it well balanced. Anyone can make french toast, there’s absolutely no science to it, but I wanted to post it on here because I thought it looked so cute! Throw a bit of confectioner’s sugar over top and you are good to go! I did use light organic syrup and some no-calorie spray butter, but the BF LOVES his white bread so we splurged with that. Use whole wheat bread and this dish actually isn’t so bad!
Sweet French Toast
- 2 or 3 eggs (depending on how much you're making)
- 2 Tbsp. skim milk
- 1 tsp. cinnamon (or more, I usually just eye ball it)
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 slices of bread, your choice
- Whisk the eggs and milk together then add the cinnamon and vanilla extract. Continue whisking until all ingredients are combined well.
- Spray your skillet or griddle with cooking spray and allow to heat up. Dip slices of bread into egg mixture and place on skillet. Allow to cook until golden brown, about 3 or 4 minutes each side, depending on how hot your pan is.
- Garnish with confectioner's sugar and serve with fresh strawberries.
Serving Size: 1 slice • Calories: 135 • Fat: 5 g • Carbs: 15 g • Fiber: 0 g • Protein: 5 g • WW Points+: 3 pts