Ok this is my absolute FAVORITE pasta salad! I got this recipe from my Dad and decided to make my own modifications so that it would be a healthier version. It’s really simple to make and I actually made this batch up for a cookout I’m going to tonight. The Italian dressing gives it a really light, fresh taste along with the crunchiness of the peppers and cucumber.
This pasta salad also goes great with turkey burgers or grilled shrimp, perfect for the summer! Yes, yes I know it’s only March, but I’m beyond ready for the warm weather to kick in! Now I’m sure you could find an even healthier Italian dressing to use or even make your own using oil and vinegar, but in my opinion, this recipe wouldn’t taste as great as it does without using Zesty Italian dressing.
- 1 (14.5 oz) box of Dreamfields Penne Rigate Pasta (or whole wheat pasta is great too!)
- Half a bottle of Kraft Light Zesty Italian dressing
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 whole cucumber, chopped
- ⅓ of McCormick's Perfect Pinch Salad Supreme Seasoning, I usually just eyeball the amount
- Cook pasta, using the box directions, until al dente and drain well.
- While pasta is boiling, chop up the red and green peppers and the cucumber and set aside. Mix together the Zesty Italian dressing with the pasta then add your chopped veggies.
- Once those are combined, slowly add in the Salad Supreme seasoning until well-coated throughout.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Makes great leftovers!!