Do you like Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay biscuits but don’t want the unnecessary calories? These are sooo good! I got this recipe from my Grandma awhile ago and also saw it on Skinnytaste – it was one of my absolute favorites so I decided to modify it so they would be healthy. These biscuits are perfect for breakfast or as a quick snack to serve to friends and they won’t kill your diet. Traditional biscuits from Red Lobster contain roughly 150 calories per biscuit with 8 grams of fat. These healthier cheddar biscuits are only about 95 calories and 2 grams of fat! For all you Weight Watchers fans, that’s only 2 points per biscuit. Sounds great, huh?? Well try them and I KNOW you’ll love them!
Garlic Cheddar Biscuits
Recipe adapted from Skinnytaste
Serves: 12 servings
- 2 Tbsp. light butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- 2 cups Heart Smart Bisquick
- 1 cup of shredded fat-free Cheddar cheese
- ⅔ cup fat free milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, combine biscuit mix, cheddar cheese and 1 clove of minced garlic. Stir in milk and mix. Drop batter by heaping spoonfuls onto prepared cookies sheet (should make about 12 biscuits). Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small frying pan, add the other glove of minced garlic and saute on low heat about 1 minute. Remove from heat and add fresh parsley. Brush biscuits with melted butter mixture and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until lightly browned on the bottom.
Serving Size: 1 biscuit • Calories: 95 • Fat: 2 g • Carbs: 14 g • Fiber: 0.5 g • Protein: 8 g • WW Points+: 3 pts