- 1 pound shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce (I used hot to give it a kick)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups of water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 7 corn tortillas
- 1 lime
- vegetable oil
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and boil chicken for 15 minutes. With cooking shears or a fork, thoroughly shred your chicken and place in slow cooker. Add tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles and garlic. Pour in water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Stir in corn and cilantro.
- Cover, and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- To make the tortilla strips, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly brush both sides of tortillas with oil. Cut tortillas into strips, then spread on baking sheet. I sprinkled a bit of taco seasoning over tortillas as well to give them a great flavor.
- Bake in preheated oven until crisp, about 10 minutes. To serve, sprinkle tortilla strips over soup and garnish with a lime.
Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups • Calories: 135 • Fat: 2 g • Carbs: 14 g • Fiber: 2 g • Protein: 14.8 g • WW Points+: 3 pts