Recipe adapted from Skinnytaste
- 1 medium onion, sliced into 1/4 inch rings
- 2 1/4 cups low fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup crushed Corn Flake crumbs
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil baking spray
- Place slices of onion in a shallow dish. Pour the buttermilk over the top and let them soak for about 2 hours, refrigerated.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Combine Panko, bread crumbs and Corn Flakes in a large dish, season with salt. Dip each soaked onion ring into the crumb mixture and coat well.
- Place rings onto two cookie sheets and lightly spray them with oil. Bake about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Serving Size: half • Calories: 74 • Fat: 0.6 g • Carbs: 14.7 g • Fiber: 1.6 g • Protein: 2.9 g • WW Points+: 2 pts