As most of you know, one of the things I love about my routine is meal planning. Not only does it aid for better weight loss success, but it also saves you money and keeps your organized! I am ALWAYS healthier during the week when I stick to my meal plans, but sometimes it’s tough to know where to begin. Well lucky for you my lovely friend Kristen has got you covered in that department! She started a website called Slender Kitchen which not only shares delicious recipes and fun tips/tricks for getting in shape, but she also has customizable meal plans! The best part?? They’re centered around Weight Watchers points! I know I’ve said this before, but I absolutely LOVE this program and believe it’s a great way to keep track of your eating habits without having to constantly count calories. Even if WW isn’t for you, these meal plans are still great for those who either want to start eating better and losing weight, but just need a little direction OR even those who already have a great nutrition plan, but simply want to mix it up a bit! There is truly something for everyone.
One of the many recipes you’ll find from Kristen on her site is this super delicious Skinny Queso. With football season now upon us, it’s the perfect appetizer to serve to your friends and family without all the guilt! Pair with homemade pita chips or even some sliced bell peppers and enjoy this perfect alternative to the pre-made full-fat stuff that comes in a jar (bleh!) If you don’t like a lot of spice, feel free to omit the jalapeno, but if you’re anything like me you may just add two!
Here see for yourself how easy this is!
Recipe from Slender Kitchen
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 poblano, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cup skim milk
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 (10-ounce) can tomatoes with chiles, diced and drained, like Rotel
- 1 3/4 cups reduced fat sharp Cheddar, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup milk with 3 tsbp of cornstarch. Set aside, this will serve as the thickener.
- Bring a medium to large sauce pan up to medium heat and spray non fat coking spray. Add the onions, garlic, poblano, and jalapeno and cook for 5-7 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add the chicken broth and milk. Bring to a simmer and let cook for about 3 minutes to reduce slightly.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the pan and stir quickly. It will immediately thicken up and begin to bubble. Once you see it thicken up, turn the heat to low.
- Add the cheese and stir until it melts completely. Then add the tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Serve with homemade baked tortilla chips. To cook, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut corn tortillas in 1/4’s and place onto a sheet of parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt. Cook for 10-15 minutes until crispy.
Serving Size: 1/4 cup • Calories: 75 • Fat: 2 g • Carbs: 3.1 g • Fiber: 1.1 g • Protein: 4 g • WW Points+: 1 pt
- Weekly Meals Plans for 2 or 4
- All points plus and nutritional information
- Complete, categorized shopping lists
- Healthy, vegetarian or low-carb meal plans available
- Quick and easy breakfasts
- Packable lunches
- Delicious dinners
- Fallback meals to swap in
- Over 100 bonus recipes
- Ideas for snacks and desserts
- Time saving tips on meal preparation
- Month-to-month unlimited access!
- Printable and cell phone/tablet friendly
Please leave a comment for each
Follow Slender Kitchen on Twitter here
Become a fan of Slender Kitchen on Facebook here
Follow Slender Kitchen on Pinterest here
Follow me on Twitter here
Like Eat Yourself Skinny on Facebook here
Follow me on Instagram here
Tweet: “I just entered to win a year of @slenderkitchen WW friendly meal plans today on @EatUrselfSkinny! http://bit.ly/1ylXWWG”
All separate comments please.
I’ll announce the winner this Friday, September 26th so you have all week to enter this giveaway so please don’t miss out! I know for me fall is the best time to plan out my meals because it’s so easy to give in to those yummy pumpkin pies and sinful football apps! Always remember “fail to plan, plan to fail!” so why not start with a plan like this?? Good luck loves!